The Mission of Integral Zen is to offer an evolutionary path to awakening and full human fulfillment, based on the teachings and practices of Rinzai Zen, and our root teachers Soen Roshi, Eido Roshi, Jun Po Roshi, and the collected works and wisdom of the integral philosopher Ken Wilber. This living community is non-dogmatic in its philosophy, and open to the evolution of its own processes and instructions.
It holds as true:
- That we have in this moment all we need to attain full and complete awakening.
- The understanding that most of us are inhibited in our realization by an incorrect view, created by false beliefs and assumptions and strengthened by psychological trauma and shadow.
- The wisdom of facing all that life offers us, without exception, from a place of radical acceptance, humility, and compassion.
- The wisdom held in the body and its necessity on the path.
- The necessity of facing our False Selves on the path to seeing our Own True Face.
- The fundamental goodness of every sentient being, without exception.
- The power of ignorance to obscure our clear deep hearts and minds.
- The partial nature of any view, belief, or position — especially our own.
- The evolutionary forces that drive human understanding into an ever increasingly sophisticated understanding of ourselves and our universe.