There are so many reasons to join us on a week-long silent retreat in Northern California. Some reasons you might want to join us:
- Jumping into the silent darkness is the fastest way to find the light
- See for yourself why a silent retreat is the most precious gift you can give yourself
- Learn how to take direct responsibility for your own awakening
- Learn how to liberate yourself from gut-wrenching fears
- Step into and claim your deep, gut-knowing, intuitive wisdom
One of the first things we notice when attending a silent retreat is how noisy our minds are. Sitting in silence, we become acutely aware of the constant background noise that is arising in our experience. If it is deathly still outside and it is still noisy, then the source of the noise must be inside. On a silent retreat, this becomes inescapably clear.
This sitting in silence is like cooking in a stew. Without all the distractions from the outside world, you can come to realize that everything in the stew is you. All the noises arising and cooking in the stew are arising from inside your own mind. The only thing cooking in this stew is you. As we continue sitting in the silence, a Zen teacher can help us become aware of the very Awareness that is witnessing the noise. This is the very beginning of a peak experience of awakened mind that brings with it the feeling of an unreasonable joy that knows no bounds. Come see for yourself… ~Doshin Roshi